11.17.2009

Attitude Adjustment

Dangnabit! I said to myself. In addition to my regular Monday housecleaning chores, I have this huge to-do list of errands:

High school (to retrieve something left behind..wasn't there)
get gas
grocery shop for company coming to dinner
health office to pay for shot (they wouldn't do it by phone)
Costco (Christmas present before they run out...there were 2 left...I needed 3)
post office (mail package to my brother for 60th birthday)

As I was driving to the high school, I thought of Sylvia.

I knew that she would love to be driving down the road running errands. But, she is wheelchair bound. When I visited her last week, she said, (not in a complaining, whiney voice...just matter of fact tone), "Yeah, sometimes it gets tiring just sitting in this room all day."

E*P*I*P*H*A* N*Y
moment!

Suddenly, I wasn't dismayed at my list of to-dos. I was so grateful to be out on an incredibly gorgeous day. I looked around at the trees changing colors. I smiled at the beautiful, healthy high school students.

I was GLAD to be able to run errands!

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for this moment in time.

Things may change, fortunes may turn, health may deteriorate; but for those moments, I was so thrilled to drive down a road, to walk into a building, to pick up something with my hands, to visit with Amanda in the store.

And, thank you, Sylvia, for your patience in affliction and for reminding me how blessed I truly am!

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

Glad you got your "moment." It made a difference to your otherwise turmoiled day. Count your blessings!

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.