11.04.2009

Fashion Or Comfort?


"Those are really cute boots," he said on Sunday.

"Yes, they are...but they are also the most uncomfortable footwear I have EVER had on my feet!" I responded.

"Well, then, why on earth would you wear them?"

Why, indeed!

Because they are: stylish, classy, look great with long skirts...a host of reasons.

That's why I would wear them for four hours on Sunday.

That's why - three days later - I would wear them to the family history center for five hours where NOT ONE PERSON would see them or notice them, as I sit at a computer station with my feet under a desk.

And, why I would cry out of sheer pain/joy when I was within one block of my home, I was so excited to be able to take them off my feet. And, now at 11:00, my feet still hurt.

Why, indeed.

And, also worth asking, will I put them in the DI box, or will I continue to wear them, as I have for the past four years because they are..."really cute boots."


2 comments:

Lauralee said...

We have nothing in common in the Fashionista Department. I only care about comfort . . . for every occasion. No exceptions!

Mrs. Olsen said...

High price for fashion huh? I will admit, they ARE cute boots. Too bad no appreciative fashionistas are doing family history work.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!