2.02.2012

Family First

"My wife won't speak to her sister; they can't be in the same room together," the husband wrote to Dear Abby.

"My father cheated me out of my life savings; then my brother cheated all of us when it came to our inheritance," Dee said several years ago explaining her distrust of men.

"My parents disinherited me when I rejected their religion," wrote the columnist.

"We got in the biggest arguments when my parents died," she told me one afternoon.  "We are still not on very good terms.  I'm glad we don't live close."

"He asked us for money as he is going through his 2nd bankruptcy.  It makes the other siblings very angry at him...they don't think it's fair," she told me on the sunny Saturday afternoon.

"The relationship with my sister-in-law deteriorated after my husband's death; she wanted his inheritance, as well as the one she had received earlier," she wrote in her life story which she had asked me to read.

"The brothers won't speak to each other any more....one wife accused a brother of stealing one million dollars from the farm account," the sister-in-law told me many years ago in Idaho.

Sometimes the noisiest prayer in my head is that my children will always love us and each other; no matter what stupid mistakes we do...no matter what we say by accident...no matter how we may mess up.

WE ARE FAMILY....

AND THAT'S HOW I WANT US TO STAY!




2 comments:

Trisha Baker said...

Beautiful Family.

Mrs. Olsen said...

Aahh. Of course the Hillman's are included in your family pic! What a great family you have.

All of those comments (plus ones I've heard on my own) make me want to EXPECT NOTHING, WANT NOTHING upon the passing of my loved ones. I prefer to leave with their mannerisms, their smile, their memories instead.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!