2.29.2012

The Vegas Visit



I was excited to go,

but even more excited to leave.

I had forgotten how:

noisy,
dirty,
depressing,
dark,
loud,
annoying,
materialistic,
gloomy,

this city is.

We actually went to take a look at Lake Mead to see if Allen had an interest in taking his fishing boat there.

But, we stayed at a motel in Vegas...


It's just incredible.  Outside was such a beautiful, lovely, sunny day; but who KNEW? 

The patrons sat at tables, glued to a loud, annoying machine stealing their money.  No one looks like they are having fun.  

It's all so incredibly strange that people will literally throw their money away hour after hour.

I was glad to get back to lovely, sunny, happy St. George.  I don't really see Vegas as Fabulous, but that is just my opinion.

Long live SUNSHINE and the great outdoors!

1 comment:

jeremy said...

So much of what you say is true. The people sitting at those machines seem angry, or sad. No one laughs, or smiles.

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!