2.24.2012

INgratitude Stinks!

"Can you believe it?" I asked my friend T.V. lately.

"They already have all the Easter stuff up in the stores.  I just barely mailed my grandkids their Valentine treats.  And, it's so expensive to mail stuff," I added.  "What are you going to send your grandkids for Easter?"

"I have ten grandkids.  I sent them all a small treat for Valentine.  I spent money on the gifts, and a lot of money to mail them something....it wasn't big, but it was something!  NOT ONE grandchild called or wrote a letter, or even acknowledged I had given them anything.  It just makes me feel angry and sad.

"I'm not sending them anything," she said.

"You know," she continued, "I see two things at work here.  First, kids have a sense of entitlement..they think they DESERVE anything they get.  Next, a treat doesn't mean anything any more.  That so annoys me because if my grandparents had sent me something, I would have been so excited.  But, they eat treats more than they eat food.  So, it meant absolutely NOTHING to them.

"Why bother?" she concluded sadly.

And, we then talked of other things.




1 comment:

Mrs. Olsen said...

I am horrible at writing thank you cards. I will often call, email, or if in person say THANK YOU (and mean it). Do you think people still think it's rude if I don't send a card?

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!