4.20.2014

Keeping a Commitment

My religion does not practice the fasting period during LENT,

BUT, many Christian churches do something I find compelling.

They give up something that is significant to them - for the forty days before Easter (Lent) - as a sign they are willing to follow Christ.

I've done this before, but this year, I decided to give up something I enjoy on a regular basis....

POPCORN!

I love popcorn.

Its saltiness, its crunchiness, its taste.

Oh, yes, I am a fan of popcorn.

Recently, at Costco, I went and bought a HUGE bag of popcorn popped with our new oil of choice - Coconut oil...oh, yes, it's very good.



And, then I decided to give it up for LENT.  I just wanted to show MYSELF that I could give up something I love.  I wanted to prove to myself that I could show some strength of character in the strong urge for food.

So, there is the huge bag of popcorn...it's been sitting in the garage for 40 days, tempting me, taunting me, teasing me, luring me...

to pop some into my mouth.

After all, my religion doesn't follow this practice.  And, if I ate some, WHO knows, who CARES?

Well, I do.


I made that commitment, and I want to be stronger than my body, which most times I am not.  And, so the huge bag of popcorn sat for 40 days; not touched, not eaten.

And now, here it is Easter morn; the most glorious of all morns!

LENT is over,

I can have the popcorn.  It will taste good -

But, I'm glad I stuck to my commitment.  I'm glad I didn't give in.

I'm glad I kept my promise...even if it was only to myself.


1 comment:

Rsgoldfast said...

Right now, with the launch associated with RuneScape 3, coder Jagex is becoming their particular winning method to a higher level, providing a fully improved information with an Web coding 5-based generator that enables people to jump into the video game through almost any kind of visitor. Zero deals, no enchantment, only sign up and enjoy.Throughout RuneScape 3, the world of Gielinor features joined up with your 6 grow older, a function if your gods associated with old get went back to man ever-so-slightly angry off and prepared to re-establish their own acceptance.
Buy Old School Runescape Gold

Cheap Old School Runescape Gold

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!