4.17.2014

Weighty Matters

The woman on the television program had lost a lot of weight...impressive indeed.

BUT, she works out EVERY DAY for 4-6 hours...

Now, truthfully, who has THAT kind of time?!?!??!??!?!??!

The man in the article said that after his dramatic weight loss, he will NEVER be able to eat the way he previously did and that he eats mainly salads every day.....

EVERY DAY - a SALAD?!??!???!?!  That's it?!?!

He concluded that he can never have a cooky, pie, donut, pastas, etc.

And, so once again, the whole eating thing is beyond frustrating to me.

I KNOW that I am

ADDICTED

to salt, fat, sugar; it's not a pretty thing to admit to, but my goodness...can we never enjoy those things again in our fight to lose weight??!?!?!??!?!?

My genetic make-up - on both maternal and fraternal sides - include very big people.

What chance have I?

And, I love the things that make one big; pastas, breads, potatoes, cupcakes, sandwiches...

For me, it's a constant, never-ending battle....

I get discouraged, disgusted, disengaged, and tired of the battle.

I want to be skinny, BUT I want to eat what I want.

Wait a minute, this is sounding like the battle of good vs. evil.

I want to live the way I want with no consequences.

Enough of the philosophizing; time for a green smoothie as I continue the fight.




No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!