4.18.2014

What the DICKENS?

Sometimes I wonder why I love Dickens' books so much?

They are verbose, antiquated, long, sometimes tedious.

But, having said that, I realize that he has such insight into the human heart and soul.

He captures the minutae of everyday life in all its complexities and its tediousness.  HIs characters are so REAL.  His plots and subplots are delicious.

Sometimes his descriptions of people or events or feelings leave me all goose-bumpy.  I know of no other writer who is able to do what he does so magnificently.

I LOVE listening to the books on tape.  Some of the readers are just phenomenal with all their varieties of voices of the different characters.

So, even though they are long and wordy,

I'll endure them.

And, even more,

ENJOY them.









No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.