10.25.2014

"It Is Better..."

"for us to pass through the sorrow..." Eve said in the Garden of Eden.

And, oh what sorrows there are to pass through:

my neighbor is still in shock after learning she has breast cancer and her lymph nodes were cancer riddled.  She was diagnosed with a serious form of cancer, and she will be undergoing both chemo and radiation; then she will be on pills for five years as she battles this.

My college roommate had terrible back surgery and then was dropped by hospital personnel, requiring more surgery.  She is beyond in pain.

Our neighbors from Idaho had a 34 year old son and father of two commit suicide after suffering from debilitating depression.

Someone we care for and love deeply just had her husband say to her, "I don't love you anymore, and I'm not sure I ever did.  I'm outta here!"



To each of these - and all others facing such sorrow - I can only say what we have been taught -

Now is the time to reach out - even more than ever before - for the Power of the Atonement.

Only when we turn to God can we find solace, comfort and a measure of peace.


I've never understood why some families have such sorrows and then have it again and again.

On the other hand, some families seem to bypass horrific sorrows and seem to sort of float through life not touched by the blows of deep suffering.

But, I do know this, no matter what our sufferings or challenges, 

GOD CAN HELP HEAL US....

IF

we turn to him.

Of that, I am very sure.





No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!