10.28.2014

The Worry Wart

My mother was a worrier....

So, it is natural that the trait would be passed on to some of her posterity.

Some have it worse than others.

Some don't have that trait at all.

But, it's an interesting thing to witness

WORRY

in a person who is obsessive.

It's hard to imagine living in one's body when the person is worried about

EVERY LITTLE THING.

This person in my family needs help,  badly.

(Hey, I am a worrier, but I'm not nearly as bad as this person in my family.)

It's an illness and it affects every thing in this person's life in a negative way.

She/he is practically paralyzed by worry on so many levels:

Health,

Home,

Children,

Driving,

Etc.

Sometimes it's hard to be in a situation with the person because of the worry tendency....I want to be sympathetic, but the worry factor is beyond comprehension unless you are with the person.

In fact, it would be great fodder for a skit on SNL, but it is NOT funny; it's serious, it's real, it's crippling.

However, I do feel sorry for the person,  as I see how the worry factor shapes his/her life.

The irony of his/her situation is that the siblings are the polar opposite; the siblings live adventurous and engaging lives.  They seem to have no worries or cares.

Who knew that WORRY could be so debilitating?

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!