9.24.2018

Is Anyone Out There Even Listening

Aren't they so classy?  She dresses like a million bucks; he always looks so handsome...they are so faithful and wonderful. The night I went to visit they had the Ensign, Church News, Book of Mormon, and the new book Saints on their coffee table; they are reading them all.....just inspiring, right?!?!?!


Harlan and Doris are wonderful.  He is 94, but I don't know how old she is.

He has had 8 strokes or more.  She has faithfully tended to him through them all.

'They are delightful to visit, which I have done on a number of occasions, including last Thursday.

The stories they told were poignant, sorrowful, funny, delightful, interesting, and it was a delight to be with them.

They told about a car Harland just went out and bought without consulting Doris; and a house where he did the same thing!  Oh my goodness; RAH, don't even think about it!  I left being totally uplifted and inspired and happy.

On Sunday, Doris came up to me, and whispered in my ear:  "Loni, thank you for coming to visit us; it meant so much to Harlan and to me.  After you left, we realized that you had JUST LISTENED.  You hadn't said anything about YOU!"

I wonder why we are all so eager to speak about US, and to not listen to the amazing unique stories of those around us?

WHY would I visit the Hancock's to hear stories about ME, when it is they I wish to know.

It's easy for me to listen.  Hard for me to talk.

And, over the years, I have learned some wonderful stories about others as I relax and
LISTEN!

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.