11.24.2019

Manna in the Wilderness

I am listening to the Old Testament when I exercise.

In Exodus as the Israelites wander in the Wilderness, the Lord provides food for them every day.  Just the right amount for each day.

40 YEARS of free easy access to food.  And, yet, they complain.

Here's the part when I get nervous.

Because I KNOW MOI.  I would be complaining too.  And, I don't like knowing that about myself.

You see, there is no VARIETY.  No Chick-Filet one day and Arctic Circle the next; no potatoes one day and corn the next.

MANNA every day.

And, as I read these verses, I just hear myself murmuring, mumbling, grumbling, griping, about the good food we had had back in Egypt....Oh, for sure, we were slaves, but the FOOD, ah, the food.

I have so much to learn - from others; about myself.

And, so much to do to improve myself and to

JUST BE GRATEFUL!

God has so richly blessed me personally and I need to just be grateful.

No murmuring, no griping, no grumbling....

Just gratitude for the Manna in the wilderness, which includes the many blessings I have and continue to receive EVERY DAY for long over 40 years!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!