2.14.2009

It's a Day for LOVE


Happy Valentine's Day (and a Happy Birthday to Amy, as well.)

If the day is all about love, then I want to express my thanks and my love to my dear parents, whose great love is something that I will always be grateful for.

Here's what I had growing up:
a happy home
3 incredible brothers
a big, shaggy dog called Willy and named Princess Willhelmina
a home with a mom, dad, and dinner together round the table each night
a dad who was very busy, but always showed up when we performed
a dad who would sit at the organ and play music
a mom who was a great traditional cook - she didn't try a lot of new things, but boy, her food was
mighty tasty
a white cat called Snowball
cars, vacuums, delivered milk and ice cream which were all payments for dad's legal services
a home filled with love - now, don't get me wrong...my brothers and I argued, I argued with my parents, but underneath it all, I knew that we were LOVED.

So, on this day of love, thanks, mom & dad, for the greatest gift of all: a happy, loving home!

2 comments:

Nat said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture! You look like your mother. She is beautiful.

Jordan said...

YOU had a cat? Named snowball, even. Did you know that is the name of the simpson's cat on tv? Except thiers is black...

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!