4.07.2013

The Wal*Mart Dilemma


Many years ago, a good friend told me that she will never shop at Wal*Mart because of their unfair practices to their employees, overseas workers, etc.

Then, just recently a friend told us about a rather disturbing movie called; WAL*MART; THE HIGH COST OF LOW PRICES.

And, last week on our mission, a man came in who had worked for  Wal*Mart for 8 years and was fired because of a very simple mistake he made just one time....no chance to redeem himself.

It is all upsetting and points out that  Wal*Mart is not really a place that I should support.

HOWEVER, and it is a BIG however, it's so hard to NOT shop there because of their prices.

Yesterday, on my way home from exercising, I shopped at a local Utah food chain; clean store, great produce section, tremendous selection of fresh meats, but their prices are so very HIGH, HIGH, HIGH.  My bill was $106 (we are feeding some grandkids, so I bought more than I normally would!)

I feel quite confident that had I shopped at  Wal*Mart, my bill would have been at least ten dollars cheaper and over time, that adds up.

It's just so hard because I want to support local.  I don't want to give in to  Wal*Mart's outrageous business model, but the bottom line for me - on a fixed income -

I need to save money!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!