7.02.2013

Keeping A RIght Perspective

He has a bachelor's degree; he has had good jobs; he is in his early 40's, and he's homeless.

I don't know why.  I don't know his back story.

BUT, it's good to think of him when I get discouraged about things in my life.

She is 69 and she has been in a wheelchair for 20 years, widowed for about 9 years, and now lives in a nursing home.

Today she said, "I am jealous of you..."  (speaking to allen and me about an upcoming long trip we have planned).  I was taken aback and didn't know what to say.

BUT, it's good to think of her when I get sad about my problems.

She lost her husband unexpectedly.  I see her at church events.  She goes and participates, but she is always alone.

SO, it's good to think of her when I feel lonely because my family is far away.

Sometimes the blessings are so plentiful and so very present.

AND, it's good to always give thanks because that helps keep a right perspective!






No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!