9.24.2014

Dinner Plans

Menu for Saturday night with 4 couples:

Fresh baked Sour Dough Bread
Baked chicken with apricot sauce
Fresh Green Salad w glazed pecans and fresh strawberries
Home-Made Double Chocolate Brownies with Ice Cream 


"Hello, Marge, this is Gwendolyn.  I'd like to invite you and your husband to dinner Saturday night."

"Oh, that sounds wonderful.  Can I bring anything?"

"No, I was actually planning to try out some new recipes, so I'll do it all."

"That's so thoughtful.  Oh, by the way, Herb can't have anything with gluten, but I'm sure you can find plenty of things to make without using any flour.  He shouldn't even be in a room where there has been any flour baking at all."

Fresh baked Sour Dough Bread

"Hello, Dixie, Gwendolyn here....I wanted to invite you and Doody for dinner on Saturday; I'm trying out some new recipes."

"Oh my goodness; aren't y'all sweet?  We'd love to come and I can bring something, but Doody just found out he has a nut allergy.  That's why he has been having such terrible headaches the last 50 years!  But he can't eat in a HOUSE that has had nuts in it in the last 48 hours either; so maybe you could clear your home of all nuts by then!"

Fresh Green Salad w glazed pecans and fresh strawberries

"Hi, Wanita, I'd like to invite you and William Jr for a dinner on Saturday evening.  I'll do everything, so just come and enjoy!"

"Oh, Gwendolyn...that sounds lovely and I know what a great cook you are.  Did I tell you that Will Jr.'s doctor just told him he can't have ANY kind of meat?  Or fish, but we'll have whatever else you are planning.  Hopefully, you won't be having meat that might possibly end up touching his skin or be on the plate of the person next to him.

Baked chicken with apricot sauce

"Audrey, want to come for dessert on Saturday night?"

"Oh, gee, Gwendolyn, Josiah and I just gave up eating all sweets; we don't eat anything with sugar or flour or nuts or fruit or pretty much anything else in it, but kale.  Were you planning to serve kale or kale chips?  Hopefully that could be part of the dinner menu!"

Home-Made Double Chocolate Brownies with Ice Cream

"Hey sweetie, looks like we'll be having lemon water for dinner on Saturday...oh wait - no fruit....I mean WATER!"

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!