9.10.2014

The Ugly Duckling

When I first saw the baby, I was quite frankly; stunned.

She was .....

Well, in a word

UGLY.

Or, maybe just funny looking.

I couldn't honestly say to her mother...(which I say to a lot of new mothers...)

"She's so beautiful."

Instead I said something like,

"Look at that dark hair; there's so much of it."

How could I say to the new mother; she is just...

Well, ODD LOOKING.....

And, then, she began to grow.....

Like babies do.

But, she also began to grow

BEAUTIFUL.  

As a toddler, her face was enchanting, beguiling, with a sort of wistful look all the time.

She has the most unusual and intriguing color of eyes.

She has a sprinkling of tiny freckles across the bridge of her nose.

Her hair is almost jet black.

She's about 9 or perhaps 10 now, and when I saw her recently, I was struck by her beauty.

She has a decidedly spunky, fun, independent personality.

And she is

BEAUTIFUL!





No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!