1.04.2016

The Sunday Visits

Three Visits;

Two heartwarming, one sorrowful.

RAH and I love to visit Dr. Howe.  He has such great stories to tell and he has a wonderful memory about his youth.

I asked him to share a Christmas memory from his childhood growing up on a farm.  Two days before Christmas, his family went shopping in town where he and his brothers saw a Flexible Flyer (sled) in a store window.  They so badly wanted that sled, but it had a big SOLD sign on it...which caused them a great deal of disappointment.  Imagine their surprise on Christmas morning, when they were the ones who got that SOLD sled - they had hours of fun on that sled, so it was great memory for John indeed and a fun story for us.

DC had struggled with some relationships in her ward, particularly after a lady came to her home and accused her of being dishonest.  After that, it was hard for DC to even go to Relief Society.  But, as she is serving a local mission, she felt like she needed to clean her inner vessel.  So, she said, "This is my problem....I need to not let this bother me any more."  She said one day, the bitter , sad feelings were just no longer there.  She, once again, loves being with the sisters and being in Relief Society.  WOW, inspiring.

Visiting with JM was sorrowful; it brought tears to her eyes as she told me her complex story.  She married in the temple, had two wonderful children, but along the way, her husband developed addictions....he no longer wanted to attend church, be a part of the family, contribute to the well-being of the family.  He has just isolated himself from his wonderful wife, son, and daughter. JM is going to school so that she can take care of her family.  It was a sad story, but she looked me in the eye and said, "You are the first person to even ask me my situation.  No one else has even shown an interest."

Why are we so indifferent to the sorrows and cares of others?!?!??!

I do love the Sunday visits, even if some are sorrowful....

EVERYONE has a story to tell.

And, I love to hear them.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!