6.22.2019

Feeling Grateful



So, life is very fragile.  Or, as the guy in the movie says...fra-gee-lay!

I feel grateful for Allen's life and that he is on the mend so well.

Earlier today a lady I know told me about her husband having a stroke.  Now, the thing is, the lady has MS, and has been in a wheelchair for many years.  She is almost totally dependent on her husband to help her.

With his stroke, he lost the use of mobility, language, brain function, driving ability.  He is recovering, but it will be long and in the meantime, they have no way to get around.

As he was telling me this, she remained smiling, as always; pleasant, as always;, and hopeful, as always.

Gratitude, at any stage of life, is so important.

And, I need to remember that.

Yes, I feel so grateful for our wonderful family who supported us so well during the time of RAH's care and recovery.  I'm grateful for the doctors who are so skilled and know what they are doing.

I'm grateful for the many friends and neighbors who visited, called, texted, were concerned for RAH's recovery and well being.

Life can definitely be a challenge, but it's always good to look for the positive and what we can be thankful for.


1 comment:

Laurence Gee said...

tou both look radiant and you look as beautiful as ever.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!