6.28.2019

Grateful for Early Settlers in the West

HOLY COW!

How did they do it?

Hot, dry, dusty, long, never-ending, scarce food, even scarcer water.

I have such admiration for the early settlers/explorers of the West.

And, all of this appreciation comes after going on a three and a half mile hike in Bryce Canyon!






HA HA!  In this picture, Allen told me to put on some semblance of a smile!



Here's the thing; it was so easy for the myriads of people there.  It was a challenge for me because of several factors.  GOING UPHILL.  I don't ever drink much water.  I had to use the restroom.  There wasn't a McDonalds at the bottom to get an ice cold soda!

So, I realized what a tremendous amount of work, effort, hardship, and challenges early settlers and pioneers had.

I had an end in sight, water in sight, a nice meal, an okay restroom, more water,  excellent shoes, and a nice night's rest.

I'm beyond grateful for my family members who suffered much more that I ever would on a 4 hour hike!

Having said all that, I was in awe of the incredible beauty of this amazing place so close to our home.

Southern Utah has such grandeur and beauty.  I'm glad to live here.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!