6.13.2019

Over the Fence

Next door to us lives a great family....

I have loved living next door to them for about two years.  Sometimes on a sunday night, they will drop by with cookies, or just come over to visit.

But, they are moving soon, and I'm sad about it.

I love their six kids; three boys, three little girls.  Their parents are two of the most calm and awesome parents ever.

But, here's the thing;

Behind us, just over the fence, lives a married couple who are counting the days till they leave.

Recently, at a neighborhood gathering, the retired couple spent some time downgrading and being angry about the family until I changed the subject.  Because I love the family.

The kids are just kids.

But, over the fence, they are upset because of what has accidentally gone into their yard; balls, more balls, gum, and some more balls.  The good neighbors even put up a HUGE mesh along the fence to catch anything going astray.

But, the neighbors over the fence weren't satisfied.  They spoke with anger, bitterness; it all seemed so shallow to me.

We have a family with 11 kids living behind us; they've sent things spiraling over the fence into our yard or on our roof, and I just love it when the kids come over apologetically to retrieve the items.  I'm happy to see them and talk to them.

So, I don't get the big hullabaloo from the people over the fence.

It shows me -- again - we are all different.  I'm not necessarily right and neither are they.

But, for me, on this side of the fence, I will miss the dear Christiansen's.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!