7.14.2019

Dear Bryce Canyon....

You with your beautiful, amazing hoodoos of red, coral, white, pink, orange.



You with the most lovely flower - the evening primrose - that lasts only one day.



You with the majestic Ponderosa pines and the shimmering Aspens.



You awed me with your stunning beauty; your magnificent hikes, your intriguing geology, your history related to the Mormon pioneers.

Oh, you got to me.

BUT, YOU TRICKED ME!

You are up higher, down lower, more Northern; you were supposed to be our getaway from the mouldering heat, but you were

SWELTERINGLY HOT!

You were supposed to be cooler than where I live.  You fooled everyone this summer and your temperatures climbed just when we wanted to climb up from the canyon floor....and it was not pretty.

SO, dear Bryce Canyon,  I will come again to enjoy your beauty, but I will NOT come in JULY.

October sounds good to me, but will you trick me again and be VERY COLD then?

I can only hope not!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!