7.28.2019

The Sunday Visits

Have I ever mentioned that I love to visit people on a Sunday evening?

Listening to their unique stories and hearing about their lives is something that I enjoy.

Today I visited:

The Monson Family: husband, wife, 2 teenagers.  They all spoke in church.  Just amazing, inspiring stories.  She spoke about praying to move here, and the reluctance of her husband to come since he was established in his career in the tri-cities area.  But, after an experience in the temple, he realized it was the best thing to do for their family, so here they are.

He had three experiences which he tied into the three trips they made to Disneyland; they were inspirational and so unique..

Next, I went to take Amy's book about Stephanie Nielsen to Lisa Sjogren.  Lisa's daughter has been a burn nurse, so I thought Lisa might enjoy the book.  Well, lo and behold, Lisa said, "I think my daughter worked with her in the hospital in Phoenix."  So FUN to hear that!  She will probably enjoy the story even more now since she has a direct connection to it.

Elaine is going to northern Utah for surgery, so I picked up Loretta and Donna, whom Elaine loves, and we went to wish her well.  She was so happy to see us and she just loves those other two ladies, so it was a good thing to drop by.  Donna knows a lot about the surgery, so she and Elaine could talk shop, and Loretta and I could sit and learn.

Finally, I dropped by Bill's house.  He will be moving soon.  Oh, how I will miss him!  He has such hard things in his life, including his wife dying a year ago, his daughter dying a freaky death two years ago, and his 59 year old son being a raging alcoholic.

Tonight Bill told me about a horrible episode involving his son and Bill said, "I can't do anything more for him.  I can't solve his problems, I can't keep giving him money, he just drinks it up if he gets any money."  It's such a sad sad situation, and my heart aches for Bill, who is truly a marvelous neighbor.  I will totally miss him!

So, here's the deal: LIFE GOES ON.  Happy, sad, up, down, family issues, health issues, financial issues, etc.; but, we can LISTEN TO EACH OTHER.

And, that's the most important thing:

JUST LISTEN!  CARE!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!