7.16.2019

The Sunday Visits

I admit it.

I love Sunday afternoon visits.

This week was no exception.

Sheryl - to see her decorations - and although she has cut way back on elaborate decorations, it was still festive and fun.  She's not been feeling so well, so I hope she will recover.

Sheryl's theme was picnic time; even had little fireflies on the table.She's so creative each month.
(And, by the way, those are NOT paper plates; they are ceramic.)


Dorothy - new neighbor across the street who needs friends.  She babysits her grandson several days a week, but she needs a friend her age.  Her husband will move here permanently in October, so in the meantime, she is hoping to meet some ladies her age.

Bill - to invite him to dinner on Monday at the Chinese Buffet.  Oh, I will so miss that good neighbor.  He's a good one, that Bill.

Today, I am going to see GIGI.

When I visit, I am reminded how much we need each other.  And, how lonely people can get.  How much people are desperate to talk, and talk, and TALK!  We stayed at Sheryl's for quite awhile and when we were leaving, she said, "I've talked your ears off."

It's okay; we had the time, but she lives alone and has been widowed for many years.  She likes having the company and she shares personal stories each month with us.  It's all good.

Listening is just so important for all of us...we need it...and if I can listen to someone's story, I'm glad for that opportunity.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!