6.27.2010

Beautiful People

"You are in my morning prayer ritual," Bernie said to us as we visited him in his living room.

"Come on over for a piece of chicken!" the total stranger said as we drove in his driveway to turn around.

"I had a horrendous childhood, and it has taken me many years to come to terms with and forgive my mother, but I love the healing power of the Gospel...all is good now," the Athabascan Indian said as we sat in the foyer of the church.

"I know going on a mission is the best decision I will ever make, and it will be the best two years of my life," Elder Ames said as he bore his testimony before heading to the mission field in Tampa, Florida.

"I want to thank my mother-in-law for raising such a strong faithful Priesthood holder. That has been a great blessing in my life," Donna said in her lesson.

"My wedding dress is a white suit. It's not frilly, or lacy, like most wedding dresses, but I saw a picture of my grandmother at the Salt Lake Temple in her wedding dress which was a white suit, and I have always loved the simple beauty and elegance she portrayed," said the excited bride-to-be, Celeste.

"I love you," said Dorothy as she held out her hand to her son-in-law; little did we realize those would be the last words we would hear her speak.

I am always in awe of a beautiful sunset; the wide variety and scent of flowers, the red hills of St. George, the sweeping tides of the ocean, the majestic mountains, the blue sky with wisps of white clouds.....

BUT,

I will always be most grateful for the beautiful people that we meet - whether by chance encounter or long-term friendship.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the goodness of people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Hackworth,
I just want to tell you that I think you are so cool. I love your perspective & view on so much you write about. I so enjoy reading your blog from time to time because it makes me smile and it gives me inspiration as a woman. Even though I haven't met you, I can tell you have a lovely spirit.

Thank you for putting it out there & know you are much appreciated!

Carisa

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!