5.30.2012

Two Types of Grandmothers

Last week T told me that when her oldest sibling got married, her mother said, "I've raised a big family.  I"m done raising kids, so I'm not babysitting for you.  If you need a babysitter, hire one, or trade with someone, but I'm not going to do it."

T understands how her mother feels, and she accepts it.

Yesterday Barbara told me about her granddaughter and her granddaughter's twins.  The father's parents tend the twins who were born 3 months ago.  They take them every day - all day - long days.  And, they are glad to do it.

Two grandmothers, two styles.

But, truthfully, I like to get to spend some quality time with my grandkids over the years.  I don't tend often, and i don't live close enough to do it on a regular basis, so I'm glad when I get the opportunity.

1 comment:

Laurence Gee said...

I thought we were supposed to love our neighbor. Who is our neighbor? Certainly not our grandchildren!!( Said with tongue in cheek) One day you need to ask me about my Aunt Alta and what kind of a grandmother she was.

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!