5.31.2012

Weight, Weight Don't Tell Me

I hadn't seen her in probably three years.

So, when she showed up on my doorstep to visit, I hope she didn't see the shock on my face.

She was BIG; lots bigger than when I had seen her three years earlier.

And, I hope it doesn't sound like I am being critical; I'm not.  I've gotten much bigger over the years also. I remember the first time a lady told me I had gained a lot of weight; I was stunned that someone noticed because the pounds just sort of crept up on me.

And, that's what happened to Nikki; the weight just crept up on her as she juggled: home, small family, career, life.

It's a bugger - this weight business.  It's so frustrating to try to eat right...to not snack, to not gain weight.   Plus add that with GENES and it just seems so hopeless most of the time.

But, look at this article which caught my eye this morning.  Apparently, we can't get people to control their own appetites, so we will now regulate it:  you can see the link here.

Is that what it will come down to?  We will force people to get it right.

But on the other hand, I see where cities and states are coming from.  The cost of obesity is frightening.  Our son is a doctor.  One day he told me that he had 8 patients under his care in the hospital.  All 8 of them weighed over 300 pounds; now, that is scary.

We have created a monster for ourselves; super-sized, over-sized, fried, battered, breaded, slathered in sauces and butter; filled to the brim with high fructose corn syrup.

Somewhere we lost track of a taste for real food.


For me, it's a constant battle.

C.O.N.S.T.A.N.T.

I'm losing - not weight;  but the battle - of the BULGE.




1 comment:

Robertsoncoyd said...

If you want to gain weight, you have to do this. First you have to do an exercise regularly, eat regularly meals. Do the yoga is also useful to gain weight. You can use pills or weight gaining powder is well.

Weight gain

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!