8.24.2012

A Memory From the Past



"Good morning. Zundel's Appliance Store," I would say as I answered the phone.  It was my first job.

And, every Friday, I would stop at the little corner grocery store to cash my modest check.

I would take the earnings in cash, except I would buy one Hostess Lemon Fruit Pie.  Oh, how I loved those little things.

Today, I saw a lemon fruit pie in Wal*Mart.  It evoked such memories of:

my first job,
my first paychecks,
life in the early 60's,
innocence,
youth,
a feeling of pride and independence.

I'm sure when I take a bite of this pie, it won't be nearly as good as it was all those years ago.  Back then, I didn't worry about calories, fat grams, sugar or carbs.  I just enjoyed the taste and feeling of having earned it myself.

So, here's to fond memories!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!