8.21.2012

The Picture Problem



They were a delightful couple. We sat across from them several nights on a cruise.

It was all so new to me and so very exciting.

I encouraged Allen to take a picture of this, of that, of those, of everything.

The older couple across the table had no camera.

Finally as one dinner drew to a close, Allen asked if they would like to have their picture taken.

"No, thank you," the lady smiled politely.

To myself I was thinking, "What?!??!?!?  You don't want to remember this fabulous evening on this incredible cruise ship with this marvelous food and the waiters and all?"

Then she explained, "We already have so many pictures of us....no one wants them and we don't even know what to do with them."

And, now, these many years later....

I understand.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!