8.25.2012

Being a Gandparent

She's divorced.

And, she has two of the most beautiful children ever; a handsome 14 year old boy and a beautiful 12 year old girl.

They are in church every Sunday and they are good, good people.

While remarking to her about her son being such a really good kid, I asked her if her ex-husband's parents acknowledge her children.

"Sometimes," she said cautiously.

I know about divorce; it stinks - in every way.

My husband comes from a divorced situation.  I could write a book about the implications of divorce and what it does to lives.

I have children who are divorced.

I'll say it again - divorce stinks.

But, I don't think children should ever be in the crosshairs.

They are still our grandchildren.  They are the innocent victims.

Oh, I hope my grandchildren never divorce me!


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!