10.30.2012

Monday, Monday

1.  "We have to be on the watch today," the director of the family employment center said early Monday morning after our prayer meeting.

"Fred threatened to kill the Bishop's wife last Friday when she had to tell him that they can no longer give one-night motel stays.  He stood over her desk, leaned down to her face and told her he would kill her!"

2.  "I need a job.  I need help.  I'm an alcoholic," the 49 year old man said to RAH with tears welling in his eyes.

3.  "I was discharged from the Navy before the 4 years were up.  It wasn't an honorable discharge; it was just one step below that...a discharge with honor."  What in the heck is that?!?!??!??

4.  "There's a two-year gap in your employment history here," I said to the young man as I helped him fill out his resume.  "You will have to explain that to an interviewer.  Just be honest."  He stared at me with hostility.

5.  "We really have to limit the services we can provide for people now," said the Bishop's wife to me as I stood by her desk asking about the death threat.  "The people are NOT going to like this at all.  But, there is such a great need world wide that the church is cutting way back in our office."

6. Brooke got a job!

We all shouted HOORAY!

And, so went another Monday, Monday.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!