5.06.2013

Marvelous Monday at the Mission

His name is Adam; he's polite, pleasant, friendly, teachable, and looking for a job.

He came in to the LDS Employment Center with another young person.

I spent some time with him telling him how to tweak his resume, suggesting some jobs, looking for some jobs.  His resume was impressive.  He told me a little about himself.  He's looking for a summer job between semesters at college, where he maintains a perfect 4.0.  He's married.

The person he was with was his cousin.

And, then I discovered they graduated from Hurricane High School a year after our oldest grandson.  And, THEN I discovered he was in the Fisher's ward.

It was at this point in the conversation that he asked me this question, which made me burst out laughing...

"Are you the one who taught Mrs. Fisher how to cook?"

Oh, my dear Adam, I so wish that were true, but I am afraid not!  She learned it on her own in that - and every other department - requiring skill.

Then, the cousin and Adam both chimed in about what a fabulous cook Mrs. Fisher is!  "Her cupcakes at the ward auction were AMAZING! "

I then proceeded to show them my blog of the dinner we had on Sunday night.  They were not surprised by it's amazingness.

What a fun, fun, fun afternoon at the Employment Center.

(BTW, there are 6 missionaries on Monday afternoon....how did I get to be so blessed to help Adam?)

Now, I just hope that wonderful, delightful Adam gets the job!

1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

Oh my goodness! So fun! That must be Adam Wilcock, a great guy. Glad he liked the cupcakes. Janessa talked them into buying them.

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.