5.20.2013

There Are Still Good People in the World!

The young blonde was sitting on the couch, waiting to be seen by the transient bishop.  She had a very sad, hard-luck story to tell.

I was a few feet away taking a phone call from a lady wanting to post a job at her husband's auto mechanic shop.  The wife had an unusual name, and I called her by that name.

When I had finished my conversation, the blonde asked me about the lady on the phone...then she said:

"I thought I recognized that name because it's so unusual.  I just got into town two days ago.  I left an horrific situation in Seattle.  My car broke down on the road just off the freeway here in St George.  A young kid and I were pushing it along the road.  The lady you were just talking to saw us and said that if we could get the car to her husband's auto mechanic store, they would see if they could fix it.  They did fix that problem and they also did some other repairs that needed fixing.  I can't believe they did that for me."

On a day filled with stories of heart-wrenching sorrow, that story brightened my day.

I want to use that auto shop for all my car repair needs.

I love knowing there are good people in the world doing things for others, knowing there can be no return on that investment, but Oh, the reward they will get when it really matters!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!