5.13.2013

The World is So Full of A Number of Marvelous People

One thing I love about our mission is the marvelous men and women we meet.  So, let's talk just today...

I met the following fine folk:

A lady who has been a pig farmer and a rodeo person.
A lady who was Miss Army in the 1960's.
A man who lost his leg to cancer and he is still an avid fisherman, four-wheeler, outdoorsman.
A man who graduated from school not knowing how to read; his last salary before he retired was $95,000.00!  (when he married, his wife helped him learn to read.)
A woman whose diabetic daughter has adopted 5 special needs children, in addition to the 2 she had biologically.
A woman whose 41 year-old daughter died unexpectedly one night of an enlarged heart.

Now, here's the thing.  To learn the fascinating stories about people, one has to show an interest and listen.  That's something I admire about my husband; he is very good at listening.  I can learn from him.

I love to hear the stories of people's remarkable lives; they are unique, fascinating, and varied.

So, tis true...sometimes the mission is sorrowful, but often I am reminded about the amazing people who inhabit our little corner of the world.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!