5.21.2013

The Saddest Tales

Some of the saddest things we hear are the stories of the women who are beat up by men who ?LOVE? them....

Their stories always cause me to get literally SICK to my stomach.

And, I always wonder?????

is there a hole deep enough,

is there a torture long enough,

is there a punishment black enough,

to make up for the HORRORS these men caused in this life?

And, alongside those stories are the stories of the men who abandon their wives and children...

they walk out and leave their wives to fight the dark night of:

joblessness,

homelessness,

financial woes,

And, I ask the same Questions:


is there a hole deep enough,

is there a torture long enough,

is there a punishment black enough,

to make up for the SORROWS they caused in this life?

I am weighed down with heaviness/sadness for the women we see who face these trials:

For L, who was beat up so she would sign a car loan for her boyfriend,
For S, who was nearly choked to death on Sunday by her former boyfriend,
For A, who finally walked out after 23 years of an extremely abusive marriage and is scared to death -

Each one of these women has No Money, No Home, No Job, No Hope.

And, these are just women from TODAY.  Each one is living in her car.  Each one faces an uphill battle.

Each one tears at my heart.

Today, I saw each of these three women cry.  Each one carries pain and scars.

My hope is for peace and healing for each of these women; daughters of a Heavenly Father.

My hope is for them to find solace, comfort and a sense of normalcy soon.

And, my hope is that I will be a little kinder, more sensitive, more earnest in my efforts to help.




No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!