1.20.2009

Great Day in America!

From an email from my younger brother:

On this eve of history, and this day of remembrance, I am so very proud of our parents -- especially Dad -- who taught us by example and by exhortation to appreciate and respect people of all races, regions and religions. They were far ahead of their time, and I rather suspect there is a former George Washington Univ. law student who -- if they do such things in heaven -- will be watching tomorrow's proceedings intently, wearing his signature red, white, and blue tie, with a tie clasp in the shape of a donkey. What a great country this is, and what love for it they embodied.

2 comments:

Ms. Fish said...

That is an AWESOME email. Thanks for sharing. Oh how I love your parents.

And I like your blog...it's lookin' great! Nice header.

Nat said...

Hi Loni. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved reading your primary post below. Too cute! You are a remarkable woman who has raised a wonderful family and I know (because of how often she talked about you) how much Deloris loved and appreciated you. Please give Kristi my best and tell her that I would request her to be my personal physician too! She's one amazing gal! I look forward to visiting your blog again.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!