1.01.2009

Here's to the KINDLE!


Hey, thanks kids, for the best gift ever. Who wouldn't love a Kindle? Only a Grinch...that's who. Bleak House by Charles Dickens...it does indeed, sound bleak, but so far it's only profound. I found a quote that sort of electrified me because you see, it was saying what our church leaders say: Dickens said - in essence - and in talking about a female character who attended to nonsense matters while her children ran around hungry and in disarray - that no success can compensate for failure in the home. This book was written in 1852, so I thought Dickens was pretty astute. I bookmarked the quote in my Kindle.

I was reading 2 books simultaneously and it was easy to keep track of where I was in each book. Everyone should own one!

What great kids Allen and I have...very, very thoughtful. Thanks again, dear ones.

1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

Loni- the Librarian - continues her love affair with books! It makes me happy to see you so happy. Glad you love it!

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!