1.18.2009

Primary Purpose


"Teacher, I HAVE to go to the bathroom right now...I can't wait!" "Teacher, I went to Pirate's Pizza and got this tattoo." "Teacher, she got more candy than I did!" "Teacher, he's in my place." "Teacher, can I sit on your lap?" "Teacher, where's the necklace you were wearing last week?" "Teacher," (crying) "he hurt my finger!" "Teacher, I NEED a drink!" "Teacher, can we hear that story again?" "Teacher, I can't see! He crowded in front of me!" "Teacher, what does commandment MEAN?" "Teacher, you're pretty." And, with that, I know the purpose of Primary. It's to remind me just how precious these little kids are...honest, wiggly, squiggly, adorable, happy, hungry, eager, enthusiastic, and did I say honest? Not one child has ever told me - wrinkly, old - as I am that I'm pretty, so when Madison said that to me today, it was a thrill to my soul - I'm far from pretty, but looking so closely at her young, bright face, I felt a surge of joy and love!

1 comment:

kelli said...

I bet your a great Primary Teacher! What age do you teach? I taught primary for eight years.
I hope my last message didn't offend you, nurses like that make me mad, because they make the rest of us look bad. I feel bad for Kristy. I think it is crap that people treat people so bad, and that was terrible that a nurse would just sit there if something was going wrong with a patient. Those kind of people give nurses a bad name, and they make me mad!!What hospital was that at?
On a happier note, my blog book cost about sixty bucks, but because I had so many pictures it was about 200 hundred pages. I did from Nov. 2007 to Dec. 2008. It will be a good little journal. Hope you have a good day.

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.