7.04.2010

When Women Get Together....

they have a lot to talk about.

The conversation starts out by discussing; kids, jobs, church, recipes, favorite books and tv shows, family relationships, friends. Then, if it gets later, and no woman has left yet, the gloves come off and the conversation turns to......drum roll please....SPOUSES.

Recently, women had this to say:

"When we were dating, he would get pretty moody. I can still remember thinking that once we got married, I would MAKE him so happy that he'd never be moody. As a happy person, I didn't understand such mood swings. But, I was wrong...he still gets moody. It's tough."

"I would NEVER marry a man who has issues with his father/family. Too much baggage and who can afford counseling?"

"My husband is a tight-wad....I mean, like spending money is ALWAYS an issue. Even if I save, and the money is in the budget, he gets upset when I spend money. Recently, after 30 years of marriage, I asked him when he thought we would have enough money that I could spend money on our kids and not have him get upset....his answer...NEVER! It's hard to have money be such a constant issue."

"It's pretty ironic...the thing that attracted me to him in the first place has become the thing that drives me crazy about him now! Not good!"

Later that evening, I thought of Jean...a widow of five years. I was thinking how much she misses her husband. In all our conversations, she has never mentioned his faults, and only seems to remember his good qualities.

Is that what it takes to remember the good....DEATH?

1 comment:

Mrs. Olsen said...

great insight. Much food for thought about girl talk and marriage stuff. Makes me wonder if men ever do this?

The Quitter Finishes

 I quit things so easily; if it gets tough, I quit! But today, I finished a goal I told Allen about.  I told him I was going to go 45 minute...