12.02.2012

Farewell to Ding Dongs Nov 2012


Have you ever remembered eating something that was just so delicious?

In your mind the memory of that food evokes strong feelings of deliciousness.

Well, when I heard that TWINKIES were goners, I immediately went to buy some.  It was 10:30 on a Saturday morning at Wal*Mart but they were SOLD OUT!

So, I bought another food that evoked the same fond delicious memories; DING DONGS.

With some of our family together after playing pickle ball, we went for one last taste of these iconic snack foods.

I bit into it.

YIKES!

YUCK!

This was what I had once thought was so delicious!  Boy, have my taste buds changed and refined over the years.  It was like eating a ball of wax; chocolate wax.  It was - in a word -

T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E.

I threw the rest of it away.

So, now I understand why Hostess and Ding Dongs are goners....

Farewell Hostess.

Hello See's Dark Chocolates!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!