12.04.2012

Missionary Moments

I never like seeing people out of work.

But, it's even worse when it is someone I know personally.

So, today, when JB's name showed up on my list, I felt a sick, sinking feeling in my stomach.  And, the reason he lost his job was so stupid and so unfair...what has happened to loyalty for employees?

Then, a man came in and is desperate for a job.  He lost his job on a Monday; the company went belly up.  On Tuesday, his son left for a mission.....the following week, his wife asked for a divorce.  He said his son is really struggling on his mission because of his parent's divorce...well, of course he would be struggling.

F came in - he's wacky, but he's polite.  Apparently, he sleeps at Wal*Mart; not actually IN the store, but in a place that is not totally outside either.  He doesn't like the homeless shelter; bed bugs.  Lots of other have complained about that also.

SB called to tell me about a job opening as a secretary in his office.  He posted it somewhere and in two days had over 160 applicants!  He can't wade through them all, there are so many.

M came in very excited; she got the job at DI.  She has lost her home, car, driver's license, children -because of drugs.  But, she is working very hard to turn her life around; this is a start...a new job at DI.  She will do well.

Randy taught the career workshop course; he is beyond fantastic!  It was so exciting, energizing and helpful...there were a lot of people in there and they ALL need specific jobs...

I get so discouraged.

As we left and got in the car, I told Allen that I was quitting the mission and going back to family history.

But, of course, that isn't true.  I'll be back there on Monday morning.  And, I'll be eager to help out if I can.


1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

You are SOO faithful. You really have sealed your place in heaven. You are an angel!!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!