12.13.2012

The Clothes Closet

JC has lost 52 pounds since March using the Weight Watcher's Diet.  She is inspiring.  She can spout off how many points every bit of food is; she faithfully sticks to it and to drinking her 64 ounces of water.

I am impressed.

But that is not what this post is about.

Yesterday when I was visiting her, she said, "Come here, I want to show you something."

She took me down the hall, into her incredible bedroom,  then into the closet.  She wanted to show me a new jacket she just bought at the Pendleton Store.  It was plaid and very darling and it was small to fit her new frame.  Awesome.

But that is not what this post is about.

Then she proceeded to show me the tee shirts that were too big,  and the new ones that now fit.  She pointed out the jackets that no longer fit and the new ones that did.  There was a considerable size difference in what she used to wear, and what she wears now.  It was all amazing.

But, again, that is not what this post is about.

For you see, as I stood in JC's closet, I was overcome with a shocking realization.

JC's CLOTHES CLOSET was just that - a closet for clothes!

Where were the cans of food storage because the pantry can't hold them all?

Where were the St. Patrick's Day, Christmas, Easter decorations because the garage shelves are totally full of other really important stuff like a sewing machine that hasn't worked for ten years?

Where was the shelf that housed candy, nuts, and gum in case she got hungry getting dressed each morning?

Where were the emergency gifts to give people when you totally forgot their birthday, anniversary, bar mitzvah, etc.?

Where did she keep the boxes, sacks, bags of unfinished projects that were going to be completed..."when I have some time on my hands?"

Where was the huge garbage bag of clothes that go to the DI?

Oh, sure, there were some shoes and some of her husband's hats in there, but I think technically they could be defined as clothes.

So, as far as I could see in her lovely, organized closet, it was being used for one thing only:

To HOUSE HER CLOTHING.

I'm still in shock.

It was inspiring.  It was motivating.  I determined that I would get my own closet in order.  So this morning, I looked around...what could I really do to make it like JC's?

And, I did do something.

I took out a little container of gum that we got in China in 2010, and put it in my desk drawer, where I am more likely to chew it soon, as it is getting mighty old!

Ah, I feel better all ready!






No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!