2.07.2013

One of My Favorite Things....

is a library.

I love libraries.

So yesterday when I went to pick up a book I had on hold, I was thrilled to peek in the children's section and see the marvelous story teller.  The children were enraptured, noisy, and talkative.  One looked at the painting on the ceiling and said, "Look, it's the magic carpet!"

Oh, my heart soared.

I loved that those children were gathered around in a warm, cozy environment.  I loved that in just a few minutes they would check out a stack of books that they would never have access to if they had to go buy each of those books.

Their moms are teaching them early on that a library is such a marvelous place.


I do a lot of complaining about taxes, but I think a library is a great use of tax dollars.

Long Live Libraries!


1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

you would be an AWESOME storyteller at the library!!

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.