8.29.2013

A Family Affair

She was one of the people who met me when we first moved to our current location;

she was friendly, always happy to see me.

But, we didn't really talk other than just a casual hello in the halls.

I was so impressed with her and with her family of four children; they were strong and VERY family oriented.  She was a returned missionary as was her spouse.

A month ago, I was asked to be her visiting teacher; I was thrilled.

And, that is when I learned about her family.  It surprised and shocked me.

She has very little contact with her family.  In fact, her parents don't call or send cards to her 4 children.

That was such a surprise to me because I want to be so involved in my grandchildren's lives (I just got off the phone talking to one grandchild just now!)

She doesn't interact with her siblings either....all 4 of the siblings are returned missionaries, but they don't get together, correspond, interact, etc.

It makes me wonder; how does a family - all good members of the church - get so fractured and fragmented?

Oh, please do NOT let that happen to us?!?!??!?

My family is everything and I want us to enjoy each other; want us to participate in each other's lives....

what happens to separate a FAMILY?

Satan, stay away.

No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!