8.13.2013

End of the Mission

Driving to the LDS Employment Center today, I told Allen,

"I don't want to hear one sad story today."

And, it ALMOST happened.

But, I heard some inspiring stories;

Elder Clayton told this story which I JUST LOVED.

His brother-in-law, a multi-millionaire, was the Stake President, then he was called to be a Mission President.  When he returned home, his Bishop called him to be the custodian and clean the BATHROOMS.  He wasn't happy about the cleaning supplies that the church was using, so he bought his own to use.  Each week, he went to the church and cleaned - toilets.

He did this for several months and was happy to do it...until his call as a Stake Patriarch.

What a great story!

What a remarkable church that will get people to serve in ANY capacity.  I love that!

Another story I heard was from Alyson.  She quit going to church as a teenager, married, had three daughters.  Divorced, remarried.  One day the missionaries came to her door.  She was so excited and was so thrilled to see them.  She had been wanting to have the church in her life.  Her husband listened to the missionaries and was converted.

And now, they are serving a mission.

What a great story!

One final story.

Sister T is the most gentle, meek, tender, SWEET person imaginable.  Today I told her what great admiration I had for her and her goodness.  She reluctantly told me, when I pressed her about her parents, that her mother was very domineering.  There had been A LOT of fighting in her home, and she decided early on that she did not want to have that kind of home.  At age 4, her had begged a neighbor to let her go with her to Primary, which she just loved.  She felt that is where she belonged, and church has been a part of her life ever since, even though she had no support from her parents.

Now, those are the stories I love!

Those were a great way to end the mission.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!