11.02.2013

Family Gatherings..

....don't happen often enough any more.

My mother's table settings make a table so striking.  Thanks, Mom, for the hand-painted plates edged in gold and the stunning cut-glass goblets - both from your time in Europe.  I try to use them so that at the end of my life,
 I don't find myself saying,
 "I should have used the china more often!"

So, when they do, I enjoy every minute.

Thanks, RAH, for the meat loaf, the steak, the trout - which you caught earlier in the season - the beets and carrots from your garden.  Thanks, Loni, for the fake blueberry muffins and the not-done scalloped potatoes.

It was so great to share it with two grandchildren and a grandson-in-law.

There is nothing like family.

Sean said he hadn't eaten home-cooked good food for quite awhile; it was good to give hims some healthy food straight from Allen's garden.  And, of course, some not healthy blueberry muffins with the artificial blueberries...hA!

1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

oh that sounds and looks delicious!! And your table setting is so lovely. you are wonderful to use and love those dishes. what a nice ode to gma. The make the food taste just a little bit better. Thank you for giving Sean a much needed and deserved home cooked meal.

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!