3.19.2014

Time To Brag

I don't brag often enough about my children, but I wanted to remember this interesting point in their lives.

So, Here goes; Brag Time...and this is about healthy eating....

When Jenni moved to New Mexico, she began a new chapter of healthy eating and faithful exercise.  Since she no longer has kids at home, she could charge up her eating habits.  She's cut way back on sweets, eats lots of healthy food and is a good example for her patients.

Justin has cut out sweets....he just bought a Blend-Tec blender and is making veggie/fruit smoothies.  He's being a good example to his wife, boys, and me.

Jeremy and Carisa have cut way way back on meat; they are eating lots of vegetables and also do veggie smoothies.  They are reading about and practicing good nutrition habits.  And, have given up soda.

Kristi, well, since she is a registered dietitian, she has basically always eaten healthy in her adult life. She eats moderate meat (rarely red meat!), gets the bountiful basket and is always cooking up unusual veggie dishes.  Plus, she doesn't eat a lot of sweets or salty snacks.

The only one I don't know about is Jordan, BUT, in the summer, he grows lots of veggies on his little 17-acre plot.  And, Janna is a great cook, so I think they probably eat healthy most of the time also.

Man, they are inspiring.

Unfortunately, I'm not ready to give up chips and dark chocolate.

However, I have given up popcorn for lent.  Tee Hee.

They didn't learn all these healthy habits from me as they grew up, so I'm proud of them for taking steps to eat and live healthy.

Oh, yeah, they deserve to brag on.




1 comment:

Lauralee said...

We always want our children to be better than we are/were!

My brother and his wife have cut out all flour and sugar and anything that is made with them and have lost a bunch of weight because of the change. They "cheat" on Sundays and fast on Mondays. That all takes too much dedication in my eyes.

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.