3.07.2014

In General.....

I think oldest children share some interesting character traits:

obedient,
smart-as-whips,
like to please adults,
responsible,
do well in school,
high achievers.

Not every oldest child fits that profile, of course.

But, in general, I find that to be true.

Enough so that sometimes when I meet people, after I know them for awhile, I ask,

"Are you a first child?"

Lots of times, I get it right.

Today, I'm thinking about a grandson who is an oldest child.

He totally fits those qualifications.

All my grandkids are interesting and unique,

BUT, it's so fun to observe the oldest in each family and see how they fit those qualities.

(I do have one oldest grandchild who does NOT fit most of those qualities, so it doesn't work EVERY time, but we are talking about humans here!)


No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.