3.22.2014

When EGO Gets in the Way

Recently M... told me something interesting; she doesn't like certain members of her family.

Ha Ha; now, that's an honest declaration.

But, then she told me something even more interesting.

She avoids introducing them to her friends when they visit from out of town.

She is ashamed of them...they are "different" from the locals and it is a source of embarrassment to her.

M... concluded the short discussion by admitting that her ego is most of the problem.  "They are vastly different from the Mormons around here, and it grates on me.  They are not always polite and friendly like most of my neighbors; they use bad language and are quite rude/mean to each other.  I'm embarrassed to have my friends meet them."

Oh, those dang egos; they get in the way.

Ego and Pride; I know all about those two.

They are too close with me also.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!