10.12.2009

Heard in the Chula Vista Ward, Sunday, Oct 11

"I'm Sister...... from the Phillipines. Where my family lives and where I grew up, it never floods. So, imagine my surprise when I received a text message last Sunday telling me our village had flooded. I immediately tried to contact my family. It was difficult to make contact with my sister, but she said the flooding in many places was over two stories high. I finally found my father. Many people died. But, even though my family was safe, if they had died, I know that because of the church, we are a forever family and we will be together in Heaven."

"I'm Doctor.......I'm grateful for my highly educated hippie, pot-smoking father who joined the church. Because of his intellect, it was very humbling for him to accept this religion, but he did. I'm grateful because then in my twenties I also joined ."

"Hi, my name is.......My mother and I landed in Mexico City, but we were told all the planes were delayed twelve hours because of the rain storm. We both groaned thinking of twleve hours in an airport! But as we were walking, we saw some missionaries going home from their missions. The twelve hours went by very quickly as we talked about their experiences. I can't wait to serve a mission!"

Just another inspiring fast meeting in the LDS church.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Loni, I just love your blog! It is always uplifting, thought provoking and sometimes even cryptic. (I always try and figure out the blog posts that are just a series of capital letters, but I have no clue.)
We had a wonderful testimony meeting yesterday as well. Thanks for sharing some moments from yours.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!